Definition-

~The interplay or contrast of dissimilar qualities (as of mood or character) ~The quality of being veiled or partly in shadow~
~Me-- Seeking light even while sitting in shadows~



4/25/11

Purity

Happy Easter!


    Today I am going to talk about the thought that matrimony is not important!! It seems in this world monogamous sacramental marriage and family has become trivialized and even put down as old-fashioned, unnecessary, or even a way of making women subservient or less.


    This generation has got it into their heads that one can have a "loving- physically intimate" relationship without getting married. This has been going on for quite some time, but never looked on with favor until the seventies.  It is what I think to be one of the worst things that we have done in the name of personal freedom.  Freedom should not mean acting as though these intimate relationships are a right rather than what they are which is a responsibility to ourselves, another person, and any resulting family. 


    A kiss now-a-days is done as carelessly as a hand shake.  Every time you kiss someone, you are giving away a part of your self, and making it less than what it should be.  Every girl dreams about her wedding day but now weddings are happening less and less- or actually more and more as people see marital relations as disposable.  Not working out?  Good-bye. 


   The current "known" statistic is that one out of every three marriages ends in divorce.  Mariage is an everlasting thing"till death do we part".  You do not get to leave some one just because of a fight or something.  You chose that person to be with you forever! 


    It is frustrating to see in the secular world, but I almost find it more frustrating when I see Christians condone divorce!  If we really take the Bible at its word-- isn't that what we're supposed to do!!???  Then, we need look no further than what Jesus says!


   "Jesus said in reply, "Have you not read that from the begining the creator 'made them male and female' and said 'for this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall be come one flesh?  So, they are no longer two but one flesh.  Therefore what God has joined together, no human being must seperate.  They said to Him, "Then why did Moses command that the man give the woman a bill of divorce and dismiss her?"  He said to them, "Because of the hardness of your hearts, Moses allowed you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so.  I say to you, whoever divorces his wife (unless the marriage is unlawful) and marries another commits adultery."  Matthew 19: 4-10


   Okay, so I guess that's what there is for marriage.  It is a commitment and should be not taken lightly.  It was set up as a sacrament- an oath made to God- a sacred and Holy promise!  So, let's get back to the whole living together without marriage or intimate relations outside of marriage.  My personal statement:  I will keep matrimony as a beautiful sacrament.  My vows will be permanent and powerfully meant for God and my husband.  I will remain pure until my wedding night.  I will save my first kiss for my husband with the disclaimer that I may give this to my fiance'.